Sunday, November 28, 2010

Q&A With Robert Preston, sole owner of Bobby Fresh Clothing


Timeless strikes with a FRESH new Q&A!  


*Timeless Question* Thank  you for taking the time out of your day to do this Q&A with me. For the readers benefit can you please introduce yourself and your line?


My name is Robert Preston , sole owner of Bobby Fresh ..... Started the clothing line in the late spring/summer of 2007. 

*Timeless Question* When did your line become official, meaning website and all?

We started selling tees in a boutique I owned for 10 years called livin n hip hop in tempe az. Got on karmaloops kazbah and from there it took off.

*Timeless Question* How did the line come about and get its name?

The name stems from my first name robert and bobby being a nick name I had as a kid . The fresh part needs no explanation, its what we all want to be when we step out the house everyday.

*Timeless Question* How has owning a clothing line changed your life?

My clothing line has changed my life in many ways. Traveling all over the country meeting people, marketing and learning the business. We opened our in house manufacturing earlier this year and now print over 60 brands from all over.

*Timeless Question* Where does your inspiration for designing come from and is it you designing? 

My inspiration comes from doing something I love and giving the customers something they love and continuing to grow as a brand. 

*Timeless Question* How do you go about hiring employees or people interested in working with your line?

Employees have always come to us with the desire to be apart of the team. We look for people who believe in the brand and want to learn and be a asset to our company. A lot of the guys want to someday have their own line and that's what I am here for to grow new brands and help them in that process.

*Timeless Question* How would a new clothing line approach a local store to see if there interested in selling their line?

If you want to get your clothing in stores you got to make a strong line that the buyers see themselves taking a chance on. Create a look book line sheet and contact as many stores as you can. Based off the responses you should be able to know what to change or keep for your next seasons.

*Timeless Question* Can you describe some of the unexpected obstacles you have faced since you started Bobby Fresh?

There are tons of obstacles we face everyday in this company . I would say the hardest is building a strong team with a common goal . Another that sticks out is continuing to drop products that are unique and that your customer base gravitate too . You got to have great work ethic and have a vision for where you want to be before you get there.

*Timeless Question* Did you go to school for fashion or was this line built off your love for fashion?

I didn't go to any fashion school but my knowledge came from opening a urban/streetwear boutique that I owned for 10 years. I was a buyer so I learned the retail end, the buying end and watched others success and decided to start a line when I felt the time was right . 

*Timeless Question* A business venture like this can be costly, how much did it take to finance the start of your line?

All the start up capital was from my pre existing business fortunately. We started small wit 4 t shirt designs and built it up from there.

*Timeless Question* Where do you see Bobby Fresh in five years? 

In 5 years I see us as a house hold name, opening a lot of bigger doors and branching into denims, accessories, and more. I feel we appeal to a lot of different people. Everyone wants to be fresh. 

*Timeless Question* Where can customers find Bobby Fresh and how can they contact you if need be? 

People can find bobby fresh in street wear boutiques all across the us and in most international countries. Online check us out at bobbyfresh.com , karmaloop.com , pickyourshoes.com and more . If you are ever in Arizona check out our flagship store stocked with all bobby fresh . If you have any questions or want to carry our line email direct @ bobby@bobbyfresh.com 

*Timeless Question* Is there anything else you would like to add? 

Thank you so much for your time and the opportunity . Robert


*Remember Im Timeless Here to Bring You The Latest Styles*

3 comments:

  1. I love the back of the "TGIF" design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool blog You have! I will just wanna say thanks 4 that. If u would to visit my blog visit it now. Thanks for your visit! T-Shirt Printing Tempe AZ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Bobby Fresh, 


    What is the ETA on order 69514?


    I want to place more orders and refer my friends but I placed order 2 months ago.


    Is this normal?  When can I expect the delivery?


    Respectfully, 


    Geovanny 


    ReplyDelete