Friday, November 26, 2010

Q&A With Saydahli Owner of Era Clothing

Another Timeless Q&A  


*Timeless Question* Can you tell everyone who you are and introduce your line? 


Hi! My name is Saydahli, but you can call me Saydi for short! And I'm the owner of Era Clothing.


*Timeless Question* What are some challenges you faced at the start and some you face now?

Coming into the business with no experience definitely has its challenges. To this day, I'm still learning something new everyday. It makes my day more interesting and spontaneous. It took several months to get everything today and lay it all out. Having friends with independent businesses and asking for tips definitely made it worth while. As of now, it is a bit difficult to keep up with everything and constantly updating. But I do it for the love of my customers and you!
*Timeless Question* How did you come up with your logo and what does it symbolize?

My designer, Edgar, came up with the concept! The keys in the logo represent opening new doors for new opportunities, there are 7 stars representing my favorite number, and arches off to the side just give it a little edge. 

*Timeless Question* Where does your drive and passion come from?

Independence and individuality. I think owning your own business says alot about a person's character. I'm a big person when it comes to clothes and fashion. Don't believe me? Ask my best friends! I wanted to do something a bit different that I normally won't wear and so far I'm loving it!
*Timeless Question* Could you please describe the feeling you had when you saw your first prototype?

I WAS ECSTATIC! It was such a rush, kinda like a high. I was so happy and anxious to show to my audience.

*Timeless Question* Did you ever imagine as a kid that you would have your own brand of clothing?

Never! I wanted to become a doctor, meteorologist, cook, teacher, and so much more! I guess as you age and become wiser, you become more aware of your options. I decided to go with what I love doing, and that's being an independent business owner.


*Timeless Question* Is it difficult to come up with new designs every season?

I don't try following the whole "season" trend. Especially, since I just started off, it's very difficult to come up with alot of concepts and ideas for every season. Plus, its a lot of work and financially I'm not ready to start doing "season" lines.. yet!

*Timeless Question* Who was the first person that helped you along the way and how did they do so?

My Mom. She was so supportive in everything. This wouldn't have been possible at all without her help. She helped me gather all my materials, contact the right people, and manage my inventory.

*Timeless Question* There are a million different lines out there, how is Era Clothing different from the next?

Coming from a small town in deep south Texas, I'd want to be an inspiration and role model to others. I'm doing this solely with hard earned money, no loans, no borrowed money. I want to teach kids that you can do what you love, you just have to try and believe. I try to spread positive vibes as much as I can, changing the world one shirt at a time.
*Timeless Question* How do brands go from being small to sitting on shelves in stores like Macy's?  

I believe that it takes alot of dedication and hard work. The more you push your product, the more it'll get better recognized. You'd want to have an open mind when coming into the business and reach your target audience.


*Timeless Question* Do you have any advice to give entrepreneurs leaning towards creating their own line?

Come with an open-mind! Don't be afraid to try new things, it's definitely a trial and error business. You'll definitely learn where you most fit comfortable at. Never say never.

*Timeless Question* Finally where can we find your line and where can people get in contact with you? 


I have a website up at www.eraclothing.bigcartel.com! If you have any questions, please e-mail me at eraclothingcompany@yahoo.com. Have a Twitter? Tweet at us www.twitter.com/eraclothing. "Like" us on Facebookwww.facebook.com/eraclothing. Tumblr users can find us here at www.eraclothing.tumblr.com! Thanks! x

*Remember Im Timeless Here to Bring You The Latest Styles*

2 comments:

  1. Love this site...had to send it to my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the "Never forget to dream" design. Great job. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete