Friday, November 26, 2010

XXGRAND CLOTHING Q&A with Michael Honore

*Timeless Question* Not to many people are familiar with you or your line, could you please introduce yourself and tell us a little about your line? 


I'm Michael Honore, I'm a current resider of New Orleans with this fond mindset based on an unique sense of fashion, culture, creativity, street knowledge, and art. The basics of my line are subjected to what my eyes have allowed me to view as an individual of higher living standards. I got the idea of creating 20 Grand from an influence of Mr. Kanye West's lifestyle and the other urban fashion lines around my city.

                                                                                                    
*Timeless Question* What is it about your line that makes it special?

XX Grand is special to me from my point of view, honestly I look at every aspect of the 'New Best Thing'. My focus of consumers aren't directed to just one 'crowd' either, My designs are meant to be suitable to all types of characters. The people's interest are what interest my line, the money is just the outcome.

*Timeless Question* How difficult is it to be a young entrepreneur in the clothing business? 

Honestly, I consider myself very wise when it comes to business. I'm on the route to making majors moves, the difficulty is minimal.

*Timeless Question* What are some of the goals you have set short term as well as long term?

Short term goals are along the lines of getting the 20 Grand line some exposure through the local areas, but my goal is for the A+ artists to mentioned the name or even wear it.

*Timeless Question* Do you design your clothes or are there people to help you with the designing process?

Yes, basically I hook up with an artist by the name of Ryan Walker. He's a local that helps me through my designing process. 

*Timeless Question* What does XXGrand symbolize?

XX Grand symbolizes the power of being an individual. Being different is the only possibily in succeeding. It means wealth, prosperity, and family. The only focus.

*Timeless Question* Your logo is very unique, who came up with it?


XX Grand = 20 Grand & XX = 20 Thank you. I did, I was sitting in class one day, my junior year and I was just throwing together all types of ideas that I thought of. Then, I came up something so simple, but raw.

*Timeless Question* What are your some of your fears in this business and how do you overcome them?


My only fear is failure, which is acutally my motivation. I plan to overcome failing by doing whatever is in my power to be an exclusive clothing line.

*Timeless Question* Who do you look to for advice on new designs etc? 


I basically people watch. I use my eyes to observe the interest of the youth and the fashion world. I use EVERYBODY and EVERYTHING for advice. People's creativity is what creates the new designs.

*Timeless Question* Does your line have a motto, if so what is it?


My motto is actually a quote by Eleanor Roosevelt, "Great Minds Discuss Ideas; Average Minds Discuss Events; Small Minds Discuss People" and I feel like I'm more the discussing of ideas, I mean we are living in a generation of Social Networking, and an age of information that is only brought about our attention via. internet.

*Timeless Question* Finally where can customers find XXGrand and contact you for any extra details? 


Our line is availible exclusively at Traffic Boutique, located 1025 Bienville St. in New Orleans and also other local urban life boutiques around the city. Contact Info for orders: E-Mail - xxgrand@gmail.com Twitter Updates - @xxgrandclothing Facebook - XXGrand Clothing Tumblr: xxgrand 


*Remember Im Timeless Here to Bring You The Latest Styles*



1 comment:

  1. Very good interview. I like the designs on the shirts. Good Luck! I will be sure to share your info. :-D

    ReplyDelete