Sunday, December 5, 2010

Q&A With Joe Baron Founder of Branded Baron

Timeless Q&A with no average Joe!



Joe Baron
*Timeless Question* 
To help the readers connect with the Q&A could you please introduce yourself and talk a little bit about Branded Baron?

I am Joe Baron, founder of Branded Baron. Branded Baron is based in Northern New Jersey and is committed to providing quality designs at reasonable prices that are “No Less than Stunningly Fresh” for anyone who is wants to stand out from the crowd.

*Timeless Question* 
When did you first create your line and how difficult was the process? 

It was launched to the public in August of ‘09. What was difficult was making sure everything was ready for the release. I had to do my research, make sure the designs I had to go through the designs that were going to be released, have the funding for the printing, building up hype, etc. There’s a ton of work and it’s a constant uphill battle.

*Timeless Question* 
Some lines do everything in house, are you one of those brands?

For the most part, yes. My fellow Branded Baron designer Danette and I handle most of the design work, but there have been situations where I felt there was an artist who’s style fit with Branded Baron.

*Timeless Question* 
Where does the name Branded Baron come from and how does it represent you? 

When brainstorming, I wanted it to reflect my interests and represent quality. A baron was part of the royal heirarchy, who was a nobleman who spoke for the people. I wanted this to be a brand for the people with quality apparel to designs with a positive message. It just so happens that “baron” is also my last name, so that’s how it represents my interests. When that name came up when we were figuring out what to call it, that one to me stood out and I think it has a nice ring. Branded Baron.

*Timeless Question* 
Does the fact that the world is in a recession change your business plans at all, if so how? 

Haven’t you heard? The recession is over. I’ve always had a goal to provide the customer with quality product with an affordable price. Plus, if you follow Branded Baron on facebook, twitter, or our mailing list, you’ll occasionally see some info on discounts for our online store.

*Timeless Question* 
What are some of the mistakes you made that you have learned from?

Timing is everything. Plan ahead and make sure everything is on schedule. If everything isn’t ready it can be embarrassing. There will be setbacks, so plan accordingly. 

*Timeless Question* When you have questions about what to do next regarding your line, who do you talk to?  

When it comes to thinking of what’s next, I’d speak with my vice-president, my fellow designer, and maybe ask advice from some other clothing company owners that I’m cool with, as well as some close knits friends who help support Branded Baron.

If it’s new designs, I’ll ask the same people and have my own little focus group of people I know will say tell me what they do and don’t like. I’d also take the feedback from the stores that carry us for consideration. 

I just have a calendar/planner for the whole year and know what I want to do and fill the days in if something new pops up. You need that inner circle you can trust and strategize as best as you can.

*Timeless Question* Could you name some of the brands you wear regularly and do they ever inspire a design? 

I rather not say, but there are shirts from other indie brands. I honestly wear Branded Baron pretty much everyday. As I’m answering these questions I’m currently rocking the Red Baron tee, so I’m 100% behind what we create. 

*Timeless Question* How did you go about getting your line sold in local stores?

I would go directly to the stores, so I could speak to the owner. They would get a chance to meet me and I would be able to talk about my brand. I would carry my line sheet and samples with me for them to see, so they could look at it when they’re interested. It’s a bit easier when you can speak to someone face to face rather than e-mail. Either way you need to have hot products for them to be interested in carrying your stuff. I’ve seen some items that I thought would be perfect for a particular shop, not be carried by one, but carried by another. You have to know the stores demographic and see if your company would be a good fit for them.


*Timeless Question* 
How difficult is it to update your website and keep your designs current? 

It’s not that difficult to update the website at all with the products, blog, etc. It may take awhile if I want to redesign it, but for the most part I’m happy with it.

Keeping up with designs is another thing and they’re a bit more difficult. Now it’s good to want and be a trend-setter, but you need to know what’s out there. You should see where fashion is going, so you know what the competition has. There was one bad case where a designer friend and I came up with the same concept and his design was for a bigger brand and we both released the same design at the same time. Let me tell you I was pissed when I walked in a small boutique and saw that. I personally think my execution was cleaner and a lot better, but that was an accident. No one stole each other’s idea, just two designers coming up with the same concept. It happens, but it sucks. For the most part I think our designs can hold its own, especially with some of the concepts we have. It’s really about making our design stand out where someone needs to have it. Blood, sweat, and tears go into producing Branded Baron. 

*Timeless Question* What can we expect from Branded Baron in the next couple years? 

I expect to see Branded Baron in bigger and better and in more stores. I also expect to have some custom apparel designed. Sometimes it’s hard to be patient and I want to release it all.

*Timeless Question* Where can customers find Branded Baron and contact you if they have questions? 

http://www.brandedbaron.com Check the site out and check out the blog, so you can see further what we’re about. You can use the contact form on the website or send an e-mail to info@brandedbaron.com Also, follow Branded Baron on twitter:and like us on facebook: You can even some of the videos we have on youtube.

*Timeless Question* Is there anything else you would like to add? 

Thank you for the interview and thanks to all those who read this. Thank you for all the supporters and future supporters. There’s FREE shipping for the rest of December on all domestic orders and low priced international shipping. 
Stay no less than Stunningly Fresh!





*Remember Im Timeless Here to Bring You The Latest Styles* 

1 comment:

  1. "Born to be an original," I like that design. Good job. :-)

    ReplyDelete